Sunday, August 28, 2016

The data scientists I admire most

The following is a short list of my hero in this field (no particular order, I just randomly think who I will add here), it may different from yours, or even missing some big figures. But remember, this is my list!

Geoff Hinton, from University of Toronto, who is one of the main force to push neural network, and deep learning forward. I especially love this video - The Deep Learning Saga
Michael Jordan from UC Berkeley. Just look at the list of his past students and postdocs, you will realize how many great experts he taught before! I took his class before, but at that moment, I can not understand all!
Trevor Hastie and Robert Tibshirani I learned most of my machine learning knowledge from their books - An introduction to Statistical Learning and The Elements of Statistical Learning. If you don't know who invented Lasso method we just talked above, google it!
Andrew Ng, from Stanford. Most people knows Andrew probably from the Coursera machine learning course. Recently, he is very active in machine learning field.
Tom M. Mitchell, from Carnegie Mellon University. I first know him is from his book machine learning, a very readable introduction.
Yann LeCun, another driving force in deep learning. He is best known for his contribution in the convulutional neural networks.
Christopher Bishop, from University of Edinburdh. He was trained as a physicists, but then later became an expert in machine learning. His book Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning is another must have if you want to learn machine learning.
Yaser S. Abu-Mostafa, Caltech. I took his learning from data online, and it is my first step in machine learning!
Jake VanderPlas, University of Washington. I used so many tutorials and slides from him!

This lists will be updated in the future ^)^

6 comments:

  1. I have read your blog its very attractive and impressive. I like your blog machine learning online training Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your efforts in sharing this information in detail. This was very helpful to me. kindly keep continuing the great work.
    Tableau Training in Hyderabad
    DataScience Training In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the valuable information giving on data science it is very helpful.
    DataScience Training In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for giving this good article, it is very helpful to beginers..
    Tableau Training In Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete
  6. How much of an exciting piece of writing, continue creating companion data science from scratch

    ReplyDelete